Here are some questions you need to consider.
Parents are getting older
• Parents need to look at aged care; I don’t know where to start?
• I’d like to help talking to my parents about their wills, I’m worried the arrangements they have in place aren’t optimal!
• It’s likely I’m going to inherit a serious amount, I’d like to plan now how that will work!
• I’d like to find a charity to support.
• I’m interested in setting up a charitable trust (private ancillary fund).
• I’m interested in investing in social enterprise.
• Can’t get on top of credit card debt – help!
• Don’t know how we are going to save enough money for a house deposit.
• I earn good money but don’t seem to have much to show for it.
• I earn good money by somehow can’t get ahead.
• I want to travel more and need help budgeting so I can afford it.
• Can we afford to renovate our house?
• Should we renovate or sell our house?
• We would like to buy a holiday house, and need to help organising finances.
• We have an investment property; maybe we should have a share portfolio too?
• We have a couple of investment properties, and need to sell one but not sure which.
• We want to downsize but we are worried that the cash will affect our aged pension .payments.
• I hate my job but I’m not sure I’ll be able to get another one. How long until I can retire?
• I want to take my career break but not sure I can afford it.
• I want to take time off to go back to study, but not sure I can afford it.
• I plan to retire soon am I going to have enough money?
• I would like to partially retire, but I’m not sure I can afford to.
• When can I retire?
• I’ve been offered a great job, but I will have to take a pay cut (at least for a while). Can I afford to take
• We are looking at a move overseas for work; need to get our finances in order.
• When will I have enough income from my investments that I don’t have to work?
• Can I retire early and still have enough money to live on?
• I have received an inheritance/ windfall and need help working out what to do with it.
• I want to start a self-managed super fund.
• I’d like a share portfolio but don’t know where to start.
• We have a self-managed super fund but are looking at moving overseas. Need help deciding what to do.
• I’ve been given some shares, and don’t quite know what to do with them.
Protecting what we’ve got
• I seem to pay an awful lot for insurance; can you review what I’ve got?
• I have a will but I think it might need updating.
• Now that we have a family, we need to get our wills in order.
• I’ve recently separated, need to redo wills, super and everything else.
In addition, here are some other areas certified financial advisor and financial planners may be able to help you with:
Goals, values and desires: We empower you to understand and express what you want out of life, visualising and documenting goals, values and desires putting a level of importance and urgency around them – critically- aligning these to your budget.
Debt plan: We coach you through how much your debt is costing you, the differences between good and bad debt, implement a better debt plan to secure financial freedom and reduce financial burden quicker.
Personal Family Protection Plan: We’ve walked a mile in your shoes. Kids, debt, education, the challenges of getting ahead. Making sure you have a sound family protection plan ensures your income, lifestyle and family are number one and your dreams never waiver.
Super is super: “Superannuation” is an ugly word. But super is super! Do you have any idea how it’s being invested? We dispel the myths and help you understand how you can fund your retirement.
Get a bloody will… Got a house? Got kids? Get a bloody will. Sounds simple – but if you have young kids, and family overseas or interstate – you need to consider who will be their guardians if anything happens.