A rash of worry among many parents of infants has hit the nation after the Delta Enterprise Inc. recalled more than a million of its cribs.
The recall is expected to affect millions of families and included a recall of 1.6 million potentially faulty cribs, according to a Chicago Tribune special investigation. While the 1.6 million cribs recalled are no longer available for purchase, the Chicago Tribune reported that many cribs are often reused and the cribs affected may have been resold online. The faulty cribs were produced from 1995 to 2007 from Delta, which has been deemed the largest distributor of cribs worldwide.
Although the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) and Delta noted that the recall stemmed from the deaths of two infants who were asphyxiated following the malfunction of the drop side of the crib, on a closer investigation by the Chicago Tribune, the company had an alleged lengthy history of crib malfunctions.
Crib Safety Tips
The dangers associated with faulty cribs can be avoided or reduced, according to the CPSC, by abiding by the following list of crib safety tips:
* Place infants on their backs and ensure that the crib is fitted with a tight-fitting mattress.
* Pillows, comforters, sheepskins, bumper pads, blankets and toys should not be placed within the crib.
* Consider replacing blankets with sleepers.
* Place a tucked in blanket as well as babys feet at foot of bed and do not place blanket higher than infants chest.
* A fitted sheet designed for a crib mattress should be the only one used.
The American Academy of Pediatricians (AAP) have also developed a set of standards to ensure safety among infants. The AAP developed the following list to assist parents in choosing the safest crib for their child.
* Ensure a Juvenile Product Manufacturers Association (JPMA) certification accompanies the crib.
* Slats should not be widely spaced, no more than 2 and 3/8 inches.
* Wooden cribs should be splinter free and parts/joints must fit tightly.
* Crib surfaces should contain lead-free paint and surfaces should be smooth with no cracks or peeling paint.
* Avoid decorative cutouts on the end panels.
* Corner posts should either be very tall or flush with the end panels.
* Raised crib sides should be 26 inches above the mattress support and lowered crib sides should be at least 9 inches above the mattress support.
* The mattress should be the same size as a crib in order to avoid trapped limbs or body parts.
* There should be a hand-operated, locking drop side that does not unintentionally release.
Individuals who have been a victim of a dangerous crib recall or crib defect are encouraged to locate a personal injury attorney in order to receive a free legal consultation on the potential development of a crib recall lawsuit. Because of the severity of dangers and damage that can occur, it may be necessary to develop a crib recall lawsuit in order to obtain the monetary means to pay for damages incurred by a victim and their family.
Amongst many disasters noted experts and analyzers count population explosion also as one type of disaster and opine that lest birth rate keeps rising prolifically thus then akin to increasing numbers of hares and mice mankind too shall have prepare for committing mass suicide by drowning in water. Experts say that as of todays times...
”; Baby walkers have been around for many decades, and many consumers might remember using them ask kids. Now as parents and caregivers, it is their time to hunt and shop for baby walkers. These items are fantastic for promoting early walking muscles to develop. They also give babies the opportunities to explore their environment...