From an employees perspective, management often conducts itself in ways that make no sense. When the economy is slow, jobs are few and far in between or people are fearful, staff will tolerate management behaviors and policies that are nonsensical (in their eyes) or they judge are harmful.
But when staff gets together for lunch and they start critiquing management, these are the Top 10 Reasons Why Staff Quit.
10. My boss is arrogant and believes his own press clippings. As a result, staff feels taken advantage of..
9. My manager micromanages rather than trusting staff to perform. Staff hates the boss and looks for ways to resist being over controlled.
8. My manager is crushing my drive and desire. Hired because they were smart and energetic, the manager is afraid that she will not be seen as the shining light (the reason for success) and crushes the very qualities that made the new employee attractive to hire (and desirous of joining).
7. My boss guesses what is needed without resorting to data or facts. Maybe he has the facts, but they sure arent being communicated leaving the impression of Its my way or the highway. There are a lot of new roads being built in this country and staff will leave rather than be abused.
6. Im treated like a child. Look, there are often generational differences between how managers and employees work. Younger workers may have know-it-all attitudes and unfamiliar techniques using technology to accomplish tasks. Staff feels misunderstood and resent their boss.
5. Manager promotes someone from a different function who does understand the job and how to be successful. Staff does not believe they can learn from this person, judges her to be an anchor around their department and resents that they were passed over for promotion.
4. My boss is extremely critical. The only way they interpret their boss is pleased is in the absence of nit picking.
3. I get ideas lobbed at me with little clarity and I have to figure out what is really wanted. Staff is caught between a rock and a hard place and doesnt know the target of the task or have a clear idea of what needs to get done.
2. I dont have sufficient resources to get the job done. Fitting 10 pounds of stuff into a five pound bag is pretty tough. Imagine youre the ten pounds and have to get squeezed in there! Staff often believes they have inadequate resources to get a job done.
And the number one reason your staff wants to quit:
My company is grossly underpaying me. Show me the money! Staff can read job ads online and learn what their real value is. As much as they may love you and their work, eventually people realize they need to pay their bills and start to think of leaving.
Your staff, the ones you are mistreating or taking for granted are your competitions staffing solution (just as theirs is for you). Rather than taking their continued employment for granted, motivate them, excite them, coach and encourage them and they will go do anything for you (at almost any price).
Concepts in Staffing
© 2004 all rights reserved.
”; If you are a parent, you will enjoy the most enchanting moment with your baby right! Baby is a special gift of god. For your baby, you need to buy lots of fantastic products to soothe their skin. Have you ever wondered to find the attractive products of baby sometimes? Did you find the...