Breastfeeding is a wonderful feeling that a woman can experience. It is beneficial for both the baby and the mother in several ways. But breast care is equally important. This will not only give a hygienic supply of milk to the baby but also help mother to maintain the shape and the firmness of her breasts. During lactation, special care of the breasts is required:
1. Keep breasts and nipples clean and dry during lactation. This will prevent them from becoming sore and infected.
2. Do not soak the nipples in water or let them remain moist as this will lead to cracking and infection of the nipples. Just wash the breasts and nipples with plain water as a daily routine.
3. Do not use soap to clean the nipples and areola, since this may make them sore and cracked.
4. To keep the nipples soft and supple, apply some cream or oil (except mustard oil since it is irritating). However, make sure you clean and wash off the oil or cream before feeding.
5. Clean the breasts and nipples with plain water after the feed, this will remove any milk that might be sticking to them.
6. Keep a clean piece of cloth or a pad in the bra cup to absorb the contents of milk oozing from the nipples. Make sure that the pads are changed very frequently.
7. There is no need to clean other secretions from the nipples, since these protect the nipple from infection.
8. Expose the breast nipples to air for some time every day, this will keep them clean and dry.
A very common question that arises in mind of a feeding mother is that – In case of twins whether she should breastfeed her both babies or not? The answer is yes. Twins can be successfully breastfed. No need to worry or wonder whether the mother can produce enough milk for two babies. The quantity of milk a mother produce depends on the demand of the babies. If a mother wants to save time she may feed both babies at the same time but in case she will have to find the most comfortable position to feed the twins.
Disclaimer: This article is not meant to provide health advice and is for general information only. Always seek the insights of a qualified health professional before embarking on any health program.
Losing a child is one of life’s biggest tragedies. All that promise, all those hopes, all those possibilities for a bright and successful future disappear in an instant. Whether you’ve lost a young child or a young adult child, the feeling of loss cuts deep. We are simply not programmed to deal with the death...
Thus, they can rest for a while or take care of some other important tasks as well. Still, even it is a very convenient accessory it is necessary for certain precautions to be made as it is not completely safe for an infant to be left unattended in such a baby swing. Thus, there...